If you have a question that isn't answered on this page then click here and we will respond shortly.
30 DAY MONEY-BACK ADVANTAGE GUARANTEE - Our only objective is to provide you with exceptional tools so you can master your suturing technique. If you feel that we didn’t complete that objective, then reach out to us and we will give you a full refund. Your experience is important to us.
This product is for educational purposes only and is not intended for use on humans or animals.
- What all comes in the kit? The kit comes with a practice pad, Iris Scissors, Adson Forceps, Mosquito Forceps, needle holder, a scalpel blade with five extra blades, and a variety of 12 different threads.
- Is the kit only for medical students? The kit can be used by anyone who wants to learn how to suture. We have worked extensively with medical students to improve the kit.
- What is the size of the case? The case is 7 1/2 x 6 x 1 1/2 inches. It can easily fit into a backpack or a purse.
- Is this kit good for survival? The kit is designed for improving your suturing skills so it would be very beneficial to practice with this kit in case of a survival scenario.
- What type of techniques can I learn with this kit? You can use this kit to practice all of the common techniques. Practice your interrupted, deep, buried, purse-string or subcutaneous techniques with our pad.
- How many times can I use the pad? The pad is designed to withstand multiple uses. There is a mesh layer to prevent tears and the silicone is self-healing. We have had students use the pad for years with no complaints.
- Does your pad have layers that mimic real skin? Yes, our pad is designed to mimic the 3 layers of skin; the epidermis, dermis, and hypodermis. We have included a mesh layer between the epidermis and dermis to reinforce the pad allowing for more use.
- How many wounds does the pad have? The pad comes with 14 precut wounds and extra room for you to create your own.
- How do I clean the pad? The pad is very easy to clean. Rinse it in cold or warm water and let it air dry.
- What is the size of the pad? The pad is 5 x 7 inches.
- Does the pad have an odor? No.
- Does the pad fit into the case? Yes. The pad, instruments, and threads all fit into the carrying case.
- I'm allergic to latex. Will this harm me? No. The pad is made from silicone. Just be careful if you decide to practice with gloves on.
- Is your pad "new and improved"? Yes. Our pad has been redesigned from the feedback of medical professors and their students. We are always improving our product so please feel free to share your thoughts on ways of we can improve the experience.
- Are the instruments stainless steel? Yes. They are made of high-grade stainless steel.
- Are the forceps toothed? Yes. The Adson Forceps have teeth.
- What instruments are included? The kit comes with a pair of Iris Scissors, Adson Forceps, Mosquito Forceps, needle holder, and a scalpel blade with five extra blades.
- Can the instruments be used for a left-handed person? Yes.
- How many threads come with the kit? The kit includes 12 different threads.
- What sizes are the threads? You will receive 3 different sizes (3/0, 4/0, 5/0) in 4 different thread materials (nylon monofilament, silk braided, polypropylene monofilament, polyester braided).
- Can you reuse a thread? The thread is connected to the needle so you can't reuse the needle once you run out of thread for that needle. You can cut any thread you have leftover and reuse the section that is left on the needle.
- Can you use the thread on a person or animal? No. The threads are not sterile. The kit is designed for training purposes only and is not intended for animal or human use.
- If I want to return the product, how do I get the refund? If you are still in the 30-day window, then click here and send us a message. We will have you ship the product back to us in its original packaging. The product has to have the pad, case, tools, and any unused threads. You will also have to pay the shipping costs for the return. We will initiate a full refund once we receive the product.
- When does the 30-day window start? The 30 days starts once you receive the product.
- What if I return the kit with missing pieces? If we receive a returned product and any of the key components are missing (original box, pad, tools, or case) we will initiate a partial refund. The refund amount will be decided once we receive the product.
- How long does it take to get my refund once you receive the product? We will send you an email once we have initiated the refunded amount. The refund usually takes a few business days to reflect in your account depending on your financial institution.
- Do you ship worldwide? Yes.
- Is worldwide shipping free? No, unless we are running a promotion.
- How long does shipping take? That depends on a few variables. It depends on which type of shipping you select at checkout, where you are located, and when your order is processed.
- How long does it take for you to process an order? It depends on what time the order was placed. Any orders placed before 2 pm (MST) will be shipped out the same day. Any orders placed after 2 pm (MST) will be shipped out the following day. Any orders placed on Sundays or holidays will be shipped the following day.
- Will I get a tracking number with my order? Yes. You will receive an email once the order is fulfilled.
- Is domestic shipping free? Yes!